Things To Do in Chandler Arizona
TOYS for TOTS
21ST ANNUAL HANGAR PARTY
FRIDAY DECEMBER 14TH
CHANDLER AIR SERVICE HANGAR
The next Toys for Tots Hangar Party is upon us. We hope this year is the biggest ever. We have Santa Claus (the real one) for the kids, so bring your camera. We have great music and lots of food. Bring a new toy and maybe a non-perishable food item. Help us and the Chandler Compadres bring a little Christmas cheer to the neighborhood. All items are distributed in Chandler.
Toys for Tots
21st Annual Hangar Party
CHANDLER AIR SERVICE INC.
CHANDLER AIRPORT ALLIANCE
Friday December 14, 2012 at 6:00pm
Chandler Air Service Hangar
All you can eat BBQ Beef and Chicken
Catered by Coopers BBQ
6:30 Santa Arrives
7:00 Welcome and Introductions
For more info call (480) 963-6420
BRING A NEW UNWRAPPED TOY FOR THE TOY CORRAL
IN ADDITION BRING A NON PERISHABLE FOOD ITEM
All Toys and Food will be distributed by the Chandler Compadres to local families
THANKING OUR CUSTOMERS, AIRPORT USERS, AND THE COMMUNITY
Desert Breeze Park is a great little oasis in Chandler, Arizona. We have a lake that the kiddos can fish in, a train that goes around the park, and plenty of shade trees and picnic tables. Here are a few photos.
Here is the little railroad....
6:00 AM to 10:30 PM
Lots of nice subdivisions close by. Call me if you would like to find a home close to Desert Breeze Park.
At the Northeast corner of Chandler Heights and Lindsay roads, you will find Veterans Oasis Park. There is a cute little lake there that is stocked with fish. I usually see a fisherman or two out there when it isn't too hot. You will see ducks, birds, and rabbits. Nice clean park. Somebody must rake the trails everyday. It is a cute little quiet place to hang out. Modern, clean bathrooms too. There is a little education center. They have a few snakes, lizards, turtles, and tarantulas in aquarium cases. Here are a few photos.
What is a KOI?
Do you want to learn about a pond in your backyard?
How do you show a Japanese Koi? What makes one a show quality and one a pond quality fish?
What do I do if my Koi are sick?
Well you need to join up with the Greater Phoenix Koi Club - We help educate people on ponds, pond upkeep, how to build your own pond? How to take care of Koi and Goldfish?
The Valley of the Sun Koi Club, Inc. is an educational group of Koi enthusiasts serving the greater Phoenix area. The club has approximately 44 active members from throughout the Valley of the Sun and the surrounding areas (as far north as Sedona and as far south as Tucson).
Our meetings are normally held the third Sunday of each month, September through May with no meetings scheduled during the Summer Season. The monthly meetings begin at 1:30 PM at a different member’s home to view their pond(s). The formal business and educational meeting begins at 2:00 PM with a brief club business review followed by an educational session where both in club and out of club topic specialists discuss the various aspects of Koi; from pond construction, to health maintenance, to disease prevention and treatment, to algae control, to…well, you name it!
The Mission Statement of our club is as follows:
"To educate, inform and promote the hobby of keeping, appreciating, breeding and exhibiting Koi"
For all of the members the club is an experienced resource that will allow each and every member to learn, understand and enjoy the keeping of Koi. Our focus is educational with a strong orientation toward information sharing, and problem solving.
Come see us either at Facebook - or on the web at http://www.vskc.net
Chandler's 24th Annual Ostrich Festival
You've probably seen a horse race before, but have you ever seen an ostrich race?
It is almost time for the 24th Annual Ostrich Festival. The Ostrich Festival Fun Run begins at 8:00 am Saturday, March 3rd, 2012. The Ostrich Festival Parade will follow at 10:00. Both events are in downtown Chandler, Arizona.
The actual Ostrich Festival is the following weekend at Chandler’s Tumbleweed Park at the corner of McQueen and Germann (2250 S. McQueen Rd. - just south of the Loop 202 San Tan freeway). Fri, March 9th, 2pm to Midnight, Sat, March 10th 10am to Midnight, and Sun, March 11th 10am to 11pm. General admission at the gate will be $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and $7 for youth (ages 5-12) and kids 4 and under are FREE. $5 for parking.
There will be Ostrich Races at the Ostrich Track on Friday 4pm, and 6pm, Saturday noon, 2pm, and 5pm, and Sunday noon, 2pm, and 5pm.
There will be plenty of convenient, free parking available for patrons of this Saturday’s Achen-Gardner Downtown Chandler Block Party.
Over 4,100 free parking spaces are available in the downtown area, including 800 spaces in surface parking lots adjacent to the city’s Main Downtown Library, Police/Courts Building an...d Fire Administration Building, plus new parking garage adjacent to Chandler’s new City Hall.
Private parking garages on the east side of Arizona Avenue at Buffalo and Boston streets can accommodate another 1,000 vehicles. The Buffalo Street parking garage is located behind the Chandler Office Center (home of Western International University) at 55 N. Arizona Place and is accessed off of Buffalo St. The Boston St. parking garage is located behind the First Credit Union Building at 25 S. Arizona Place and can be accessed off of Boston St.
Hundreds of additional parking spaces are available on vacant City property located on the west side of Arizona Avenue between Chicago and Boston streets, plus spaces in and around San Marcos Place in Historic Downtown Chandler Parking for the disabled will be available on the northeast corner of Boston and Arizona Avenue; access the lot from Arizona Place, east of Arizona Avenue.
Arizona Avenue will be closed between Chandler Boulevard and Frye Road on Sat. Nov. 20 to play host to the City’s first-ever block party. The free-admission event will feature more than 100 vendors, free skating (1-8 p.m.), free photos with Santa (3-7 p.m.), free entertainment on a community stage, a climbing wall, bounce houses, mini classic car show, a showcase of downtown events, and a special Arizona Avenue dedication at noon.
The event is presented by Achen-Gardner Construction, along with local sponsors Thorobred Chevrolet, Tristar Engineering and First Credit Union. For more information, visit the web site http://www.chandlerblockparty.com or call the Downtown Chandler Community Partnership at 480-855-3539.
Chandler Tech Incubator Becomes Cultural Crucible with Desert Bloom Phoenix
Chandler, AZ - May 1, 2010
For the past 2 years, a collaborative organization in Chandler known as Gangplank has been the hub of the Valley's tech community. Now, the group aims to upset the Valley's music and art status quo with a series of events designed to bring about a radical melding of the local music, art, and tech scenes.
The group wants "to give a platform of expression to those who have talent but for whatever reason have had their creativity suppressed, and to make a real crucible for creative collaboration in the Valley," says event volunteer Nicholas DiBiase. "We want to create profound connection between tech innovators, big thinkers, musicians and artists in a way that's going to really build up cultural capital here in the Phoenix area."
Organizer Brandon Franklin sees the event as part of "an upward spiral" for the Valley. "We are surrounded every day by talented people, but most of us don't realize it." say Franklin. "Desert Bloom is about tearing back the curtain that keeps these people hidden from each other's sight, and letting them meet, talk, and cross-pollinate. When you take creative people, bring them together, and tell them to cut loose and go nuts, things happen that will blow your mind."
The first event in the series, Music and Art : Desert Bloom 1, happens May 14 and is a showcase of 7 local live music acts, 9 visual artists, and 2 DJs, all of whom are associated with the Valley's tech and creative class. The artists are all donating their talents and tickets are available free of charge.
Free tickets and information about the event are available at the Desert Bloom website : http://DesertBloomPhoenix.com . Twitter updates are @DesertBloomPhx .
Gangplank, located in Chandler, has been working since 2008 to foster and innovation and collaboration while incubating entrepreneurship in the greater Phoenix area. They can be found on the Web at http://GangplankHQ.com and on Twitter @Gangplank
Check out the farmer's market at the Dr A.J. Chandler Park, downtown Chandler.
Every Thursday from 3pm to 7pm. You'll find fresh produce, baked goods, gourmet food items, and hand-made craft items.
The 18th annual Toys for Tots Hangar Party was held at the Chandler Air Service hangar at the Chandler Municipal Airport on Friday Dec. 11, 2009. The annual event started in 1991 as an opportunity to have two local businesses, Chandler Air Service and San Tan Dusters to provide a way of thanking and showing appreciation for their customers and support of the Airport. The Chandler Compadres were a co-supporter of this event and with their efforts with the Chandler Boys and Girls Club provided the outlet and distribution to local Chandler Families of the Toys and food. A caveat of the collection is that it stay within Chandler to benefit those who live here.
The event was complete with live Country music, catered BBQ and a hangar full of hay. The only price was to bring a new unwrapped toy. This December over 470 meals were served and truck load of toys were collected. Food contributions were added in 2008 and increased the amount of collections.
The party has added the Chandler Airport Alliance as a co-supporter this year. This group is made up of businesses, pilots, airport users and local residents. Chandler Air Service along with the Alliance and its supporters will continue the "Hangar Party" and show the contribution they can make to our community. San Tan Dusters relocated several years ago and is not longer a part of the event.
Chandler Fashion Center Mall
When you first think of shopping in Chandler, Arizona, the first thing that comes to mind is the Chandler Fashion Center. The mall is the city's shopping crown jewel. Anchors in this Westcor mall include Nordstroms, Robinson's-May, Dillard's, and Sears.
Harkins Theatres has a 20 screen movie theater which is ALWAYS packed. All the local kids love to hang out here. Harkins is a local Arizona company. They are huge here in Arizona.
Barnes and Noble has a huge bookstore with a great spot to drink coffee and check out their books.
Vital FactsMonday – Saturday: 10am – 9pm
Sunday: 11am – 6pm
October 19, 2001
Omniplan, Dallas, Texas
Kitchell Contractors, Inc.
Major Anchors Nordstrom Dillard’s Robinson’s-May Sears
Interior Shops and Restaurants
180+ shops & eateries
Includes SRP Centennial Waters, 9 sit-down restaurants, and Harkins 20-plex theater
Total Gross Leasable Area
1.3 million sq. ft.
Adjacent Retail Developments
Chandler Festival – includes Nordstrom Rack, Office Max, Lowe’s and much more. Chandler Gateway – includes Great Indoors, Razmataz, Circuit City and much more. Chandler Village Center – includes Bed Bath & Beyond, Sports Authority, Target and much more. Boulevard Shops – includes specialty retail boutiques anchored by PF Chang’s and Dolce Salon.
- Abercrombie 480-812-4637
- Abercrombie & Fitch 480-792-9275
- Aeropostale 480-857-3472
- Aldo 480-899-0803
- Allstate 480-899-1999
- American Eagle Outfitters 480-812-0090
- Anchor Blue 480-857-0732
- Ann Taylor Loft 480-899-3414
- Apple Computer Store 480-726-8082
- April's Hallmark 480-857-1655
- Arden B. 480-814-8253
- At Ease 480-792-1900
- Atomic Comics 480-940-6061
- Auntie Anne's Pretzels 480-726-2700
- Aveda 480-726-1585
- B.J.'s Restaurant & Brewery 480-917-0631
- Bailey Banks & Biddle 480-792-1215
- Bakers Shoes 480-855-5481
- Banana Republic 480-726-6476
- Barnes & Noble 480-792-1312
- Bath & Body Works 480-821-1432
- Bebe 480-812-2203
- Ben Bridge 480-722-1100
- Blooms & Beyond 480-893-7755
- Body Shop, The 480-855-5941
- Bombay Company 480-857-1566
- Brendan Jewelers 480-726-3470
- Brighton Collectibles 480-726-0263
- Brookstone 480-726-6857
- Buckle, The 480-726-3906
- Build a Bear Workshop 480-821-5800
- California Pizza Kitchen 480-855-3301
- Carter's 480 786-8866
- Casual Male XL 480-786-8075
- Charlotte Russe 480-917-3314
- Cheesecake Factory 480-792-1300
- Chico's 480-722-9076
- Children's Place 480-855-0632
- Chipotle Mexican Grill 480-899-5049
- Chris Anthony's 480-855-4478
- Cinnabon 480-821-9666
- City of Chandler Visitors Center
- Claire's 480-812-4870
- Coach 480-792-9464
- Cold Stone Creamery 480-722-7767
- Coldwater Creek 480-814-2751
- Crabtree & Evelyn 480-917-0404
- D & D Bridal 480-855-3661
- Dairy Queen / Orange Julius 480-821-2664
- Desert Surf Company 480-857-2464
- Digitell 480-858-0800
- Dillard's 480-735-2060
- Discovery Channel Store 480-917-0135
- Dolce Barber & Spa 602-515-0442
- Dolce MedSpa (480) 515-0444
- Dolce Salon & Spa 480-722-0500
- Down Under Wines 480-705-7131
- Eddie Bauer 480-855-6248
- Electric Lady Land - Coming Soon!
- Express 480-917-3905
- Eye Masters 480-782-9380
- Fashion Nails 480-963-9608
- Fast Fix Jewelry Repair 480-786-6132
- Field of Dreams 480-812-8767
- Finish Line 480-722-2818
- Flip Flop Shop 480-812-1666
- Flowers by Rad 480-857-1008
- Foot Locker 480-726-7172
- Forever 21 480-786-4904
- Fred Meyer Jewelers 480-782-8932
- Frederick's of Hollywood 480-963-6700
- Fuzziwigs Candy 480-726-2953
- Game Daze 480-899-7406
- GameStop 480-899-2009
- Gap 480-726-0426
- Garduno's 480-857-8700
- GNC 480-855-7085
- Go Wireless 480-821-4276
- Godiva Chocolatier 480-855-3468
- Gotta Have It 480-857-0256
- Guess 480-782-1175
- Gymboree 480-917-3769
- Haagen Dazs 480-782-5566
- Hannoush Jewelers 480-917-3222
- Harkins Theatres 480-732-0110
- Harry & David 480-963-8759
- Hat Club 480-855-3251
- Helzberg Diamonds 480-732-0055
- Hi Health 480-857-7000
- Hibachi San 480-857-0050
- Hollister Co 480-855-7980
- Hot Dog On A Stick
- Hot Topic 480-722-7601
- Huntington Learning Center 480-726-9100
- Icing 480-917-2996
- Industrial Ride Shop 480-812-8881
- J. Crew 480-782-0602
- J. Jill 480-963-9770
- Janeville 480-899-1862
- Journeys 480-899-7311
- Journeys Kidz 480-855-9020
- Just Sports 480-855-9444
- K-B Toys 480-726-6852
- Kay Jewelers 480-855-1422
- Kiddie Kandids 480-899-4066
- Kitchen and Things 480-963-7822
- Kona Grill 480-792-1711
- L'Occitane en Provence 480-857-3707
- Lane Bryant 480-722-9738
- Leasing Opportunity
- Leasing Opportunity
- LensCrafters 480-726-9001
- Limited 480-786-9578
- Limited Too 480-899-9490
- Lucky Jeans 480-722-0760
- Madison Avenue Spa 480-899-8905
- Madison Avenue Spa 899-8905
- MasterCuts 480-726-8885
- Matchstix 480-726-7849
- McDonald's 480-961-3050
- Merle Norman Cosmetics 480-782-8331
- Metropolitan Mattress 480 821-8900
- Model Home Center 480-899-9300
- Moody Blues 480-558-7494
- Motherhood Maternity 480-722-0632
- Mrs. Field's Cookies 480-812-0164
- My Big Fat Greek Restaurant 480-726-3036
- Naturalizer 480-786-4817
- New York & Company 480-792-6555
- No Fear 480-899-3399
- Nordstrom 480-855-2500
- Occhiali da Sole 480-786-0193
- Omaha Steaks 480-792-1133
- Origins 480-857-8262
- Outdoor Kitchen Concepts 480-917-5800
- P.F. Changs 480-899-0472
- Pacific Sunwear 480-782-5151
- Panda Express 480-812-0700
- Paradise Bakery 480-857-3523
- Paris Optique 480-855-4622
- Pasta Pomodoro 480-855-3736
- Payless ShoeSource 480-899-6112
- Picture People 480-722-9004
- Piercing Pagoda 480-782-5196
- Pottery Barn 480-899-7055
- Pottery Barn Kids 480-899-7155
- Puppies 'N Love 480-726-3682
- Quiksilver - Coming Soon!
- Qwest Solutions 480-722-7510
- RadioShack 480-786-1243
- Red Kilt Grill & Pub 480-496-2144
- Red Rock Trading Post (Nava Hopi) 480-722-1101
- Regis Salon 480-722-9666
- Robinsons-May 480-821-8611
- Rockport 480-726-8939
- Roxy 480-812-8262
- Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill 480-812-9460
- Ruby's Diner 480-446-7829
- Salt River Project xxx-xxxx
- Sears 480-855-2800
- See's Candies 480-726-2825
- Select Comfort 480-214-0244
- Sephora 480-726-7733
- Sharper Image, The 480-917-7371
- Shiekh Shoes 480-855-5870
- Signals 480-545-9100
- Silver EFX 480-899-7073
- Skinovative Laser Center 480 855-7546
- Someburros! (480) 726-8226
- Spencer Gifts 480-855-5736
- Sporting Eyes 480-786-0091
- Sporting Eyes 480-786-0091
- Sprint 480-855-0490
- Starbucks Coffee 480-917-1963
- Steak Escape 480-821-1237
- Steve Madden 480-812-2050
- Stride Rite 480-814-1590
- Subway 480-722-0506
- Sunglass Hut 480-726-0720
- T-Mobile 480-855-8594
- Talbots 480-786-5375
- Things Remembered 480-855-0871
- TONI&GUY 480-963-7171
- Tonsorial Barber 480-855-7140
- Trade Secret 480-812-1774
- Twinkle Toes 480-722-7672
- Under Armour 480-812-1997
- Valla Tanning Retreat 480-814-7446
- Verizon Wireless 480-812-8901
- Victoria's Secret 480-792-0269
- Victoria's Secret Beauty 480-792-0332
- Villa Pizza 480-821-1672
- WB 6
- Wetzel's Pretzels 480-899-6460
- White House Black Market 480-782-1850
- Whitehall Jewellers 480-917-9337
- Wildflower Bread Co. 480-821-8200
- Williams-Sonoma 480-899-0868
- Windsor 480-786-9348
- Yankee Candle 480-821-9308
- Zales Jewelers 480-857-4101
- Zumiez 480-857-1619
600 E. Fairview
Located between Arizona Ave. & McQueen Rd. and north of Pecos Rd.
25-Yard, L-Shaped Pool
with Depth of 3-4 ft.
except 12-ft. Diving Well
1-Meter Diving Board &
3-Meter Diving Board
Wading Pool with
Beach Boat & Kiddie Slide
Gushers & Geysers
Chandler Parade of Lights and Tumbleweed Tree Lighting tonight. 7pm for the parade and 8pm for the tree lighting.
Celebrate the holiday season by gathering with neighbors and visitors to watch a parade filled with marching bands and dance troupes. Each entry is decorated with colorful holiday lights. After the parade, see the official lighting of the annual Tumbleweed Tree.
Looks like Chick-Fil-A brought a little snow to Chandler, too.
photo courtesy of Association of Marriage and Family Ministries.
Joe's Farm Grill free meal deal
In celebration of its third anniversary, Joe’s Farm Grill in Gilbert is giving away free Farm Burger meals, which includes a 6 oz, locally-produced, natural hamburger, topped with cheddar cheese on a toasted bun, and a mound of French Fries and a beverage. Value is $10. The restaurant was featured on the Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. In celebration of its third anniversary, Joe’s Farm Grill in Gilbert is giving away free Farm Burger meals, which includes a 6 oz, locally-produced, natural hamburger, topped with cheddar cheese on a toasted bun, and a mound of French Fries and a beverage. Value is $10. The restaurant was featured on the Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
The free meal event runs Nov. 4 from 11 a.m. -3 p.m. and 4-8 p.m. or when the 4,000th meal is served. Everyone should be in line before 7:30 p.m. Children younger than 10 will get half-size meals. No rain checks.
Details: 3000 E. Ray Road, Gilbert. (480) 563-4745.
Desert Oasis Aquatic Center
1400 W. Summit PlaceChandler, Arizona
Located between Dobson & Alma School roads and north of Elliot Rd.
25-Meter, 8-Lane Pool
112-ft. Water Slide
& Kiddie Slide
Rain Drop & Spray Whale
Sand Volleyball Court
Children (2-17 years) $ .50
Adult (18-54 years) $ 1.50
Senior (55 years & older) $ .75
Through Friday, October 30th, 2009, Guedo’s in Chandler is featuring a “Taco-Holic” lunch special between 11 a.m.-3 p.m. For $5 plus tax, you will get two tacos (pork, beef, chicken, fish, or shrimp) plus rice and beans. Normal prices range from about $8-11. 71 E. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, 480-899-7841.
NEW OPENING!! Wild Horse Pass Farmers' Market
Every Saturday, 8:00am - 12:00pm
Come join us every Saturday from 8:00am-12:00pm and support Arizona grown and Arizona made garden market while enjoying a morning of fun for the whole family. We'll have produce from our own garden, community farmers, artisans, vendors, kids activities, cooking classes, breakfast and story telling in Akimel Basho, our newest frontier attraction. Don't worry dad, we'll have football viewing in the Golden Belle so you won't miss a score. See you all on Saturday! View Breakfast Menu > | View Brunch Menu >
The Pima and Maricopa Indians have farmed the Arizona desert for hundreds of years. Today, the Gila River Indian Community continues the rich tradition of farming and its support of agriculture. With the creation of the Gila River Farmers' Market at Wild Horse Pass, the treasured heritage of farming will be celebrated and passed to the next generation.
Starting October 31st, come experience AZ's most unique farmers' market. There will be plenty of AZ's best produce along with activities for everyone in your family.
In addition of having AZ's fresh produce, come check us out for one of the following activities:
- Traditional Native American Classes: Learn traditional arts, crafts and foods from artists and cooks from the Gila River Indian Community.
- Organic Garden: Get back in touch with Mother Nature as you walk our 2.5 acre organic garden.
- Cooking Demonstrations: Watch and learn from AZ's top chefs as they prepare some their favorite dishes.
- Live Music: Enjoy the Family Friendly music from the Shovelheads.
- Akimel Basho: Come see and experience our traditional Pima Village and Maricopa House.
- Games & Activities for the Kids: Kids can enjoy activities such as bean bag toss, steer roping, kid's bull ride, horseshoe toss and barn yard ball to name a few.
- The Widow Maker (Mechanical Bull): Hang on for a buckin', tossin', turnin', white-knuckled frenzy that will get your weekend off on the right foot!
- Breakfast & Brunch: Looking for a great place for breakfast or brunch? Well you just found it! Come enjoy either our "Off the Grill $5 Breakfast" or our "Farmers' Market Brunch Buffet" - Breakfast Menu | Buffet Menu
- College Football: Watch your favorite team play on of our many big screen TVs in the Golden Belle. The Golden Belle will be open at 8 am to serve your favorite drinks!
5700 W. North Loop Rd. Chandler, AZ 85226
Days and Times:
Open Saturdays year-round.
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
For Brunch Reservations, call 480.502.5600 or email
Free Admission & Parking
| || |
5700 West North Loop Rd, Chandler, AZ 85226 | Phone: 480-502-5600 | Email:
Saw 500 Days of Summer at the Harkins. Cute,original movie. Fellas, your girl will like this and you will too. Worth $9.50 and a $6 popcorn. An offbeat romantic comedy about a woman (Zooey Deschanel) who doesn't believe true love exists, and the young man (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) who falls for her. Not your typical movie. Entertaining and funny. Don't waste your money on G.I. Joe or The Ugly Truth. Go see this movie instead..
1475 W. Erie St.
Located between Dobson and Alma School and north of Chandler Blvd.
L-Shaped 50-Meter Pool
with Depths of 3-12 Feet
1-Meter Diving Board
3-Meter Diving Board
Family Play Pool
with Zero-Depth Entry
Children (2-17 years) $ .50
Adult (18-54 years) $ 1.50
Senior (55 years & older) $ .75